The IES Foramontanos de Cabezón de Sal (Cantabria) has participated since September 1 of last year, as the only member in Spain, in the European Erasmus + project:
TOOLS FOR SKILLS TEACHER TRAINING. WORKING IN HARVESTING TEAMS
Tools for the development of competences -Teacher training
It is a project funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus + Program, Strategic Partnerships. The aim of the project is to increase the level of professional skills and language skills among European forestry machinery operators or workers. It is based on the work of three previous Leonardo projects. The main results of the project will be:
- An up-to-date multilingual dictionary of technical forest terms to help processor operators in foreign countries communicate. The dictionary will also help non-native English people to understand forestry equipment manuals and parts catalogues. It can be accessed from the website: http://fmog.dictyon.net/
- Up-to-date and integrated learning material for professional skills training with comprehensive self-quizzes and case studies and language skills for non-native English speakers to improve their readiness to communicate in a work context. This material will be based on the books “Working in Harvesting Teams” part 1 and 2 (in English). It can be accessed from the website: http://cd.dictyon.net/
- A manual for teachers on how to use the material for teaching in situations where educational methods of interdisciplinary teams are applied.
Once drafted, a series of events will be scheduled in order to expand the result to all those teachers and workers in the forestry sector interested in them.
- Seminars for teacher training in the different collaborating countries. Fundamentally to expand the project seeking to disseminate the results of the project and that these can be used ultimately by workers with heavy forestry machinery.
- Mobility of students between the five countries in order to test the material. Part of the objectives seek the mobility of students between the participating countries seeking an improvement in training, both in those aspects related to the forestry and environmental field, as well as knowledge and management of the English language in situations related to said fields.
In a first phase, it is foreseen the exchange of between ten and twelve students between Spain and different countries (Sweden, Bulgaria, Finland and Germany) and the reception of the same number in the next year, with internships in companies and organizations of the forestry sector in Cantabria, so we take advantage of the occasion, so that all those who wish to collaborate contact our center and we will provide them with the necessary information.
Calendar of visits of our students (IES Foramontanos).
December 2016; two students, Processor management in Sweden. They have already been there with an exceptional result.
- Two students, processor management in Sweden.
- three students; Autoloader management in Finland.
- Three students, knowledge of the environment in Germany
- Schedule of visits by students from other countries participating in the project.
February 2017; three Bulgarian students and three Swedish students will be received.
October 2017, three German students and three Finnish students will be received.
Project coordination visits have been made with the assistance of our teachers to:
- 5 – 8 September 2016 in Bulgaria.
- 2 – 7 April 2017 in Germany.
- And dates are scheduled for the following two coordination meetings for presentation of work:
- June 9-12 Sweden (Coinciding with the main international fair for the sector: Elmia wood).
- 5-8 September. Reception in Spain of all the members of the project.
- The duration of the project is 29 months: from September 1, 2015 to January 31, 2018.
- SE Stora Segerstad och Värnamo
- Naturbruksgymnasium – Contractor
- BG University of Forestry
- EL Oikotechnics Institute
- SK National Forest Centre
- ES Foramontanos secondary education insititute
- DE Niedersächsisches Forstlisches Bildungszentrum
- FIN Jämsä College
- SE Mora in Europe AB